Here are the slides from the Joomla Explained sesion from JoomlaDay Texas 2019
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit websites.
This website in order to be compliant with the EU GDPR blocks preventively all cookies until a user explicitly consents to the cookie usage. We use technical cookies to help identify your device so we can tailor your user experience, track your session, shopping basket contents and remember where you are in the order process. You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website involving essential technical cookies.
This Website will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order. This kind of cookies expires on the end of the session when the browser is closed.
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website will:
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
- Integrates translations via Google Translate This kind of cookies normally expires after 1 year and the duration is established at the sole discretion of the Google provider itself.
This website will:
This website will not:
Share any personal information or directly use third parties cookies. Third-party cookies normally expires after 1-2 years but they could be even set to never expire, the duration is established at the sole discretion of the third-party provider itself.
Information We Collect.
Cookies And Tracking Technologies: refer to the cookies policy.
Access And Retention Of Data Controlled By Our Customers:
Anyone who seeks access or wishes to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data about your account, will be able to do this simply editing data through the user profile form. Each customer will be able to update, export and delete account data at any time and directly by itself without the need of contacting us. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide our services. My store will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
How We Use Your Information.
I use the information that I collect about your profile solely to provide access to your reserved area, purchased products and to provide regular invoices. If you sign up for my newsletter, we reserve the right to send you regular emails and updates.
How We Share Your Information.
What Happens In The Event Of A Change Of Control: I may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, and other User information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on my Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.(c) Testimonials: We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site . With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can do it at any time.
Storage and Processing.
How We Protect Your Information.
Our Choices About Your Information.
For newsletter subscribers, you can review, correct, update, export or delete inaccuracies to the information about you that I keep on file by click on the preference center link in the footer of any newsletter. Customers may log into your account for example to update your password and billing information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Social Media Widgets.
Oh No! We can't find that page!
Some of the links have been updated. Use the search, menu or the sidebar links to find what you're looking for.
In my prior roles, I organized a lot of events for groups, from small corporate training to conferences for hundreds. If there's one thing I learned, there are three keys to the success of any event - the venue, the food and the speakers. I can't help with the venue, or the food, but perhaps I could help you with one - a speaker.
I LOVE to speak to groups - I enjoy the enthusiasm of a great crowd as we process thoughts and ideas together.
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- Prompt and clear communication.
- A personal phone consultation with me prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- If requested, I'll create a custom resource page for all the materials used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
A Little About Me
- Conference Speaker - I have travelled all over the world giving talks on topics ranging from Leadership, Open Source Content Management Systems, Education and the Bible.
- Trainer - I've done training in front of thousands of people over the years. I've also created over 500 training videos for OSTraining. They range from one minute pro tips on YouTube to massive online courses for Joomla or Drupal at OSTraining.com. These videos have over 2 million views.
- Adjunct Professor - I've taught in colleges in Australia, Canada and the U.S.
- DVD - "They're Not Just Stories" sold thousands of copies.
I speak on topics related to Open Source Content Management Systems (WordPress, Joomla and Drupal), Technology in Education, Leadership, and the Bible - especially how it relates to culture and the world we live in.