Apps for Teachers
The iPad is a powerful tool for teachers. We covered apps that make a teacher's life easier. From integrating administrative tasks to unleashing your creative energies, we demonstrated ways a tablet could make their lives easier!
The Hub: Evernote – Sharing and Collaboration
For research and labs
- Use Evernote’s Web Clipper to simply send things you want to remember to your Evernote account, where it is completely searchable and accessible whenever you need it.
- Have all of your students sign up for an Evernote (grade appropriate of course) account to help them do research. They clip articles from the web, take notes and track lab results in Evernote.
For extending the classroom beyond school walls
- When you put up a daily itinerary/notes on the whiteboard for students, snap a photo of it and put it in Evernote. Students can see all of the past daily itineraries in your Shared Notebook. Use JotNot to take those shots, which integrates really well with Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive,
- Save articles and even video links to Evernote, where students can see how their studies relate to the ‘real world.’
- Evernote is available on almost EVERY platform – Mac, PC, tablet and smartphone.
Using Evernote in your Classroom:
- Evernote and Apple for Education – http://evernote.com/media/pdf/schools/apple_edu.pdf
- Trillium Chart School Case Study
- Teaching with Evernote
- Evernote Peek